Courso accredited by A3ES | Process ACEF/1718/0902292
Duration / Degree or diploma awarded / ECTS
2 Years (4 Semester) / Master / 120 ECTS
Lectured in Portuguese or English
Prof. Doctor Carlos Manuel da Silva Rodrigues
- 243 305 880 / 935 048 806
The Master in Human Resource Management provides a high degree of specialization in the scientific area of human resource management, seeking to be at the forefront of the evolution of the subjects covered, opening paths and creating conditions for the development of reflection on the issues that may be the object of research in the dissertation or applied project, enabling students to anticipate and point out lines of research related to current issues in this area.
The Master in Human Resource Management aims to train technical experts in Human Resource Management, able to practice the profession, both in the private enterprise and in Public Administration, mastering the skills that enable them to:
- Develop strategies that involve functions of analysis, organization and leadership of human resources;
- Develop and implement strategies aimed at the best management of human resources;
- Understand theoretical developments and critical analysis of human resource management issues in the organizational contexts in which they occur, and which forms the basis for original development and or applications in this field;
- Understand and solve human resource management problems, in new and unfamiliar situations, and contribute as human resource managers to become agents of change and enhancement of organizational performance and well-being;
- Integrate knowledge, deal with complex issues, develop solutions or make judgments in situations of limited or incomplete information, including reflections on the ethical and social responsibilities that result from or condition those solutions and judgments;
- Communicate their conclusions, and the knowledge and reasoning behind them, clearly and unambiguously;
- Analyze and interpret individual or group behaviors in a work context and assess their implications for individuals in the organization and for the organization;
- Identify and interpret environmental factors and the environment, and assess their impact on human resource management in the organization;
- Compare, discuss, and criticize different perspectives and models of human resource management;
- Apply the tools and techniques of human resource management;
- Define, justify, and implement human resource management policy measures;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of policies and practices of human resource management;
- Integrate the practices of human resource management in line with the organization's strategy;
- Apply tools for organizational development and facilitation of change processes;
- Propose and develop autonomously, studies and research on human resources management issues;
- Define a study topic, develop a methodological strategy for data collection, plan and execute the study, and publicly present the results;
- Develop lifelong self-learning skills.
The Master in Human Resource Management provides students with the technical knowledge and operational and strategic skills to perform proficiently in the areas of human resource management and people management in organizational settings, as well as to perform teaching and/or research functions.
40 (course opening subject to a minimum number of enrollments)
Students who do not have Portuguese nationality to apply for master's programs must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor's degree;
- Deliver the documentation listed below;
- The diplomas and certificates must reliably show the circumstances of their issue and must be authenticated by the Portuguese Consulate in the issuing country or, where appropriate, apostilled, in accordance with the Hague Convention and translated into Portuguese by a sworn translator when they are in a language other than Portuguese, Spanish, French or English.
Documentation to be submitted
- Copy of passport;
- Graduation Diploma (Certificates attesting to a degree);
- Certificates attesting to having passed courses that do not confer a degree, but are taught in higher education institutions, national or foreign, in the area of the master's degree;
- Undergraduate transcripts;
- Curriculum Vitae, dated and signed, preferably in a DeGóis, FCT-SI,G or similar model;
- Motivation Letter
Masters in Human Resource Management have access to 3rd cycle (doctoral) degrees in management or related scientific areas.
Equipment and Facilities
The Institution has multiple spaces suitable for teaching and training and particularly the courses it provides at the level of theoretical training, as well as at the level of practical and laboratory training.
The master's degree course in Human Resource Management has Classrooms, Computer Labs, SPSS, and AMOS packages for statistical data processing, access to scientific libraries, and all the necessary and appropriate conditions for the respective curricular units. Students also have access to the Library, Study Room, Bar, and Canteen.
Additionally, the institution has free Wi-Fi covering all facilities; fixed video projector in all rooms and laboratories, computers (requisition), PHC software for business simulation, Microsoft Campus Agreement (includes free Office 365 for students), Digital Secretary (NETPA), and Zoom and Moodle platforms to support the teaching/learning process.
- After-labor: Fridays (19h00-23h00) and Saturdays (9h00-13h00 and 14h00-18h00)
|Human Resources Strategic Management Seminar I||9|
|Human Resources Development Policies||7|
|Ethics and Social Responsibility||5|
|Research Methodologies in Management||7|
|Management and Organizational Innovation||9|
|Human Resources Strategic Management Seminar II||9|
Postgraduate diploma award
Students who complete the 1st year of the course are awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Human Resource Management.
The monthly tuition fee is:
|1º Year||212,40 € x 11 monthly installments|
|2º Year||170,40 € x 11 monthly installments|
Upon enrollment, the International Students must pay the first two monthly fees, based on the number of ECTS enrollments in the academic year, considering a minimum of 20 ECTS enrollments per academic semester. Until the payment of this amount, no declarations will be issued to the student, namely the declaration to obtain a student visa.
Students can choose to pay the tuition fee in one installment, until 8 September 2022, benefiting from a 3% discount.
School Year 2022-2023
|Application fee €300|
|Enrollment fee €175|
|Enrollment renovation €175|