Courso accredited by A3ES | Process n.º NCE/15/00083 of 24-02-2016
Duration / Degree or Diploma awarded / ECTS
3 Years (6 Semester) / Degree / 180 ECTS
Lectured in Portuguese or English
PhD. Vasco Ribeiro Santos
- 243 305 880 / 935 048 806
To be able to apply to ISLA Santarém you must be an:
- International student outside European Union (EU)
- International student from European Union (EU)
- PALOP Student
- Brazilian Student
- Nacional Student
International students may apply for enrolment and registration in the study courses if they:
- Hold a qualification that gives access to higher education, understood as any diploma or certificate issued by a competent authority attesting to the passing of an education program and entitling them to apply for and be able to enter higher education in the country in which it was conferred;
- Hold a Portuguese secondary education diploma or legally equivalent qualification.
- Know the language or languages in which teaching will take place;
- Have specific academic qualifications for admission to that study cycle;
- Take the internal entrance examinations required for the course they intend to attend. The dates and syllabus for the exams are set annually by the university;
- Have an application score equal to, or higher than, the minimum value set by the ISLA Santarém: 9.5 values.
The International Student Competition applies to students outside the European Union who do not hold a higher education degree and wish to attend a degree course at ISLA Santarém – Higher Institute of Management and Administration.
The degree in Tourism Management aims to deepen skills in various areas of specialization, either in the management area with a focus on tourism activity, either in the transdisciplinary areas of social sciences, or applied technologies, updating the technical and practical domain of those who attend, giving them skills to act within the tourism activity.
This cycle of studies presents professional outputs within the management/direction of tourism organizations and services, senior management of tourism enterprises, coordination and/or control of various functional areas of tourism enterprises (travel agencies, tour operators), and services / municipal departments of tourism, constituting a unique and differentiated offer in the region where the ISLA Santarem is inserted.
This degree aims to train graduates with the following skills:
- Use quantitative and statistical methods in the context of the scientific activities of the study cycle;
- Know the conceptual models that underpin the professional practices of tourism management;
- Demonstrate skills in analysis and forecasting the availability and needs of tourism enterprises;
- Master the legal framework related to tourism management activities;
- Identify the most important trends in tourism management;
- Contextualize the marketing function and implement marketing plans focused on tourism activities;
- Develop, guide, and monitor the processes of prospection and market research;
- Master the processes of planning, development, and engineering of tourism products;
- Plan and organize tourist events;
- Create and manage tourist itineraries;
- Dominate the distribution and reservation systems;
- Understand the development of tourism transport and its relationship with the development of tourism;
- Manage organizations/companies engaged in tourism activity.
Reasons to attend this course
- Our courses are accredited by A3ES for the maximum number of years;
- You can have access to the Erasmus+ mobility program in Europe;
- Have access to internships in companies in the country or abroad;
- Develop work and project at the end of the course in a business environment;
- Attend a course with an employability rate much higher than the national average.
- Have access to highly qualified teaching staff with high professional experience.
Additional International Level Certificates
During the course, at no additional cost, students have access to the technologies and certifications available through ISLA IT Academy.
This cycle of studies aims to develop competencies that will enable to successfully carry out the professional activities corresponding to the curricular profiles taught, as well as to continue the academic pathway.
Graduates will be able to perform a wide range of functions, including:
- Management/Direction of tourism organizations/companies and services;
- Coordination and/or control of tourism companies (travel agencies, tour operators, hotels, etc.)
- Management/Coordination of Municipal Tourism Services;
- Management of Tourism Products;
- Tourism communication and marketing activities;
- Events organization;
- Teacher and/or researcher.
Graduates in Commercial Management have access to 2nd cycle courses and can choose to enter the master's degree in the scientific areas of management and/or tourism.
Equipment and Facilities
Our Institute has multiple spaces suitable for teaching and training, particularly the courses it provides at the level of theoretical training and the level of practical and laboratory training.
The Tourism Management course has Classrooms, Computer Labs, SPSS, and AMOS packages for statistical data processing and all the necessary and appropriate conditions for the respective curricular units. Students also have access to the Library, Study Room, Bar, and Canteen.
Additionally, the institution has free WiFi covering all facilities; a fixed video projector in all rooms and laboratories, computer (requisition), PHC software for business simulation, Microsoft Campus Agreement (includes free Office 365 for students) Digital Secretary (NETPA), and Zoom and Moodle platforms to support the teaching/learning process.
30 (course opening subject to a minimum number of enrollments)
Management and Administration and Tourism
|1º||Psychology of Organizations||6|
|1º||English Language I||5|
|1º||Introduction to Tourism||7|
|2º||Introducing of Computing||5|
|2º||Analysis and Data Management||6|
|2º||Sociology of Tourism||5|
|2º||English Language II||5|
|2º||Law and Legislation for Tourism||4|
|1º||Tourism Marketing II||5|
|1º||Fundamentals of Economy||6|
|1º||Markets and Tour Products||5|
|1º||English Language III||4|
|2º||Managing People in Organizations||7|
|2º||Organization and Event Management and Animation||5|
|2º||Tourism Marketing II||5|
|2º||Analytical and Management Accounting||6|
|1º||Hotel and Restaurant||5|
|1º||Touristic Operations and Reservation Systems||7|
|1º||Tourist Transport Systems||6|
|2º||Tourism Planning and Development||6|
|2º||Business Strategy and Planning||5|
|2º||Innovation and Entrepreneurship||5 a)|
|2º||Quality Management||5 a)|
|2º||Applied Tourism Project||14|
a) Students choose one of the options
The monthly tuition fee is €290,40 x 11 monthly installments
Upon enrollment, the International Students must pay the first two monthly fees, based on the number of ECTS enrollments in the academic year, considering a minimum of 20 ECTS enrollments per academic semester. Until the payment of this amount, no declarations will be issued to the student, namely the declaration to obtain a student visa.
Students can choose to pay the tuition fee in one installment, until 8 September 2022, benefiting from a 3% discount.
School Year 2022-2023
Application fee €225
Reservation fee €130
Enrollment fee €210
|Stage||Application Stage||Period for Conducting Written Exams||Disclosure of Placement Results||Deadline for Enrollment|
(*) - Available Places