Course accredited by A3ES | Process nº ACEF/1718/1201706 on 14-03-2019
Duration / Degree or Diploma awarded / ECTS
3 Years (6 Semester) / Degree / 180 ECTS
Lectured in Portuguese or English
Prof. Doctor Carlos Rodrigues
Prof.ª Expert Filipa Martinho
- 243 305 880 / 935 048 806
To be able to apply to ISLA Santarém you must be an:
- International student outside European Union (EU)
- International student from European Union (EU)
- PALOP Student
- Brazilian Student
- Nacional Student
International students may apply for enrolment and registration in the study courses if they:
- Hold a qualification that gives access to higher education, understood as any diploma or certificate issued by a competent authority attesting to the passing of an education program and entitling them to apply for and be able to enter higher education in the country in which it was conferred;
- Hold a Portuguese secondary education diploma or legally equivalent qualification.
- Know the language or languages in which teaching will take place;
- Have specific academic qualifications for admission to that study cycle;
- Take the internal entrance examinations required for the course they intend to attend. The dates and syllabus for the exams are set annually by the university;
- Have an application score equal to, or higher than, the minimum value set by the ISLA Santarém: 9.5 values.
The International Student Competition applies to students outside the European Union who do not hold a higher education degree and wish to attend a degree course at ISLA Santarém – Higher Institute of Management and Administration.
The activities intrinsic to human resource management have been assuming increasingly complex and demanding dimensions, with their specificities and scopes of technical action.
Generalist skills are no longer enough, it is essential to master specific technical and behavioral skills.
The bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management aims to promote the integration of knowledge and practices, stimulate the constant updating of all those who work and operate in these scientific fields, through a permanent attitude of inquiry and experimentation, as well as to develop the capacity for autonomous action and teamwork, training specialists able to exercise their profession, both in private companies and in Public Administration.
The main objective of the degree in Human Resources Management is to train graduates capable of mastering the current techniques required for the effective performance of the functions of Human Resources Manager and familiarize them with the most modern and advanced practices and models. In a specific way, it is intended that the graduate acquires skills that allow him/her to:
- Develop strategies that involve functions of analysis, organization, and leadership of human resources, develop and implement strategies aimed at better management of human resources;
- Identify the most important evolution trends in human resource management;
- Diagnose and anticipating the evolution of the economic context and the labor market in terms of the volume and quality of people available to work, is one of its objectives and competencies;
- Define the strategic objectives of the organization regarding the development of people and knowledge;
- Develop capacities for analysis and forecast of the company's availabilities and needs;
- Make the diagnosis of the organizational climate, evaluating the needs against the company's strategic objectives.
Reasons to attend this course
- Our courses are accredited by A3ES for the maximum number of years;
- You can have access to the Erasmus+ mobility program in Europe;
- Have access to internships in companies in the country or abroad;
- Develop work and project at the end of the course in a business environment;
- Attend a course with an employability rate much higher than the national average.
- Have access to highly qualified teaching staff with high professional experience.
Additional International Level Certificates
During the course, at no additional cost, students have access to the technologies and certifications available through ISLA IT Academy.ISLA IT Academy.
Graduates in Human Resources Management will be able to perform a wide range of functions such as:
- Human Resources Consulting;
- Direction and Management of Human Resources;
- Coordination and Management of Work Teams;
- Management and Development of Professional Training;
- Work Organization and Rationalization;
- Recruitment and Selection Management;
- Communication Managers;
- Business Managers;
- Public Relations;
- Professional Training;
- Teacher and/or researcher.
Graduates in Human Resource Management have access to 2nd cycle courses in the scientific areas of management and can choose to enter the master's degree in Human Resource Management or the field of Management and Business.
Equipment and Facilities
Our Institute has multiple spaces suitable for teaching and training, particularly the courses it provides at the level of theoretical training and the level of practical and laboratory training.
The Human Resource Management course has Classrooms, Computer Labs, SPSS, and AMOS packages for statistical data processing and all the necessary and appropriate conditions for the respective curricular units. Students also have access to the Library, Study Room, Bar, and Canteen.
Additionally, the institution has free WiFi covering all facilities; a fixed video projector in all rooms and laboratories, computer (requisition), PHC software for business simulation, Microsoft Campus Agreement (includes free Office 365 for students) Digital Secretary (NETPA), and Zoom and Moodle platforms to support the teaching/learning process.
35 (course opening subject to a minimum number of enrollments)
Management and Administration
|1º||Psychology of Organizations||7|
|1º||Introduction to Law||5|
|2º||Analysis and Data Management||6|
|2º||Introducting of Computing||5|
|2º||Managing People in Organizations||7|
|2º||Research Methods in Social Sciences||5|
|1º||Evaluation Methods in Human Resources||6|
|1º||Fundamentals of Economy||6|
|1º||Labor Law I||5|
|1º||Recruitment and Selection||7|
|2º||Labour Law II||5|
|2º||Operation and Production Management||6|
|2º||Reward Systems Design and Careers||7|
|2º||Conception and Training Management||5|
|1º||Labour Law III||4|
|1º||Information, Communication, and Negotiation Techniques||5|
|1º||Fundamentals of Occupational Safety and Hygiene||5|
|1º||Project Conception in Human Resources||12|
|2º||Human Resources Integration||6|
|2º||Business Strategy and Planning||4|
|2º||Inovation and Entreperneurship||4|
|2º||Development Project in Human Resources||12|
The monthly tuition fee is €290,40 x 11 monthly installments
Upon enrollment, the International Students must pay the first two monthly fees, based on the number of ECTS enrollments in the academic year, considering a minimum of 20 ECTS enrollments per academic semester. Until the payment of this amount, no declarations will be issued to the student, namely the declaration to obtain a student visa.
Students can choose to pay the tuition fee in one installment, until 8 September 2022, benefiting from a 3% discount.
School Year 2022-2023
Application fee €225
Reservation fee €130
Enrollment fee €210
|Stage||Application Stage||Period for Conducting Written Exams||Disclosure of Placement Results||Deadline for Enrollment|
(*) - Available Places