Regulation of the International Student
In compliance with Article 14 of the Law - Decree Nr. 36/2014, of March 10th, heard the Scientific-Technical Council and the Education Council and approved by the Director.
Admission and Enrolment Conditions
In the case of Brazilian students the entrance tests are not required upon presentation of a certificate of ENEM (the Portuguese classification scale runs from 0-200 and 0-1000 ENEM, for the purpose of ranking, conversion of classifications is done by dividing the score obtained in ENEM in 5).
The knowledge of the language in which the course is taught will be verified; particularly the Portuguese if that is the case.
Undergraduate Courses and Exams
The access to the 1st cycle (undergraduate courses) is done through the ENEM classification. The scale runs from 0-200 and 0-1000 ENEM.
For the purpose of ranking, conversion of classifications is done by dividing the score obtained in ENEM in 5).
In the SEF page you find all types of visas and which documents are required so you can get them at the Portuguese Embassy in Brasilia or one of the various consulates of Portugal in Brazil.
The documents required are:
- 3 photos (3x4 and white background);
- Criminal record;
- International health insurance;
- Proof of residence in Portugal (to be provided by the host educational institution)
- Proof of means of subsistence in Portugal (Paycheck)
- Letter of Acceptance;
- Bulletin vaccines;
- Certificate of Qualification
Tuition and Scholarships
- Registration: 225€
- Enrollment: 340€
- School Insurance: 40€
- Undergraduate courses (1st cycle): see in the undergraduate course page
- Course of Portuguese Language and Culture: 1.200€
The course of Portuguese language and culture aims to promote social and academic integration of students and lasts for one academic year.
Several agencies and institutions have scholarships for Brazilian students which study in universities in Portugal. So, the following can be taken into consideration:
- CAPES e CNPq
- The main funding agencies in Brazil are the CAPES and CNPq.
- The “Fundações de Amparo à Pesquisa Estaduais “ also offer, in some cases, research scholarships or teaching abroad (eg .: FAPESP, FAPERJ, FAPESB)
- The programe “Ciência sem Fronteiras” (CsF- Science without borders). Please consult the website here CNPq.
- The Bank “Banco Santander Totta” has scholarships that can be used by Brazilian students who want to attend the University of Beira Interior during one semester program. Interested applicants should contact their universities in Brazil.